BBQ Jumbo Shrimp With Grilled Corn & Mango Salsa
- 3 Cobs of Corn
- 1 Large Ripe Mango
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- ¼ Cup of Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon chopped ginger
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Cider Vinagar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- Make the Grilled Corn & Mango Salsa first (see below).
- Clean and de-vein shrimp leaving the tail on.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and place them in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and dry rub all over the shrimp.
- Toss shrimp thoroughly with the rub.
- Separate shrimp and place on a cookie tray for grilling.
- Grill shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the Grilled Corn & Mango Salsa.
Grilled Corn & Mango Salsa Directions
- Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices .
- Grill the corn, onion and red pepper on the BBQ making sure to turn the corn every 3 or 4 minutes..
- (It should take15 - 20 minutes to completely grill the corn).
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and place in a medium bowl.
- Chop onion and red bell pepper in cubes and add to the corn.
- Add the chopped cilantro, ginger, olive oil, vinagar, salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients together in the bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- While the salsa is set aside, proceed to making the BBQ shrimp.
Serves 4 or 8 people as appetizers. Enjoy!