Braised Lamb Shank with Jerk Marinade
An rarely seen but very hearty autumn meal.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoon Jerk Marinade (Beginner's or Advanced)
- 2 cups white kidney beans (e.g. 1 can 540ml)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Place all 4 lamb shanks in a baking dish.
- Pour the Jerk Marinade over the shanks and massage the shanks with the marinade..
- Place the shanks in the oven to brown for 1 hour at 400°F.
- Chop the onion and garlic into cubes and set aside in a bowl.
- Chop the thyme and add to the onion and garlic.
- After 1 hour has passed make sure to take the lamb out from the oven and place onto the stovetop.
- Add the onions, garlic and thyme.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and combine together.
- Place the lamb back in oven for another hour at 400°F.
- At the end of the hour, add the white kidney beans to the dish.
- Place back into the oven and braise for 30 minutes until meat is tender and almost falling off the bone.
Serve with wild rice or garlic mashed potatoes. Serves 4. Enjoy!