Grilled Butterfly Shrimp with Apple Ginger BBQ Sauce
A neat little summer appetizer.
- 1 dozen large black tiger shrimp (de-veined if you can get it)
- 1 cup Apple Ginger B.B.Q. Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Spice
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 24 bamboo skewers
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in cold water to prevent from burning on the BBQ .
- Keep the the shells on the shrimp.
- De-vein the shrimp as necessary.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each shrimp in its shell along the full length of the back to the tail section - do not cut all the way through the shell !!!!.
- Then insert skewer in each side of shrimp and open like a butterfly. Each shrimp should have 1 skewer on each side (see picture!).
- Place on a platter facing flesh side up.
- Sprinkle Cajun spice and drizzle olive oil.
- Prehead BBQ to medium heat.
- Grilled on B.B.Q for 3 minutes facing down.
- Brush with B.B.Q sauce and grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.
Serves 12 as appetizers. Enjoy!