Calamari Rings and Jerk Potato Wedges (Appetizer)
A healthy appetizer!
Calamari Rings Ingredients:
- 1 lb cleaned calamari, cut into rings
- 1/4-cup cornmeal or cornstarch
- 1-cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1-tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1-teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying )
- 1/8 cup Apple Ginger BBQ Sauce
- lemon wedges
Calamari Rings and Jerk Potato Wedges
Jerk Potato Wedges Ingredients
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup Jerk Marinade (Beginner's or Advanced Jerk)
- 1-tablespoon (30 ml) olive oi
- Scrub potatoes clean.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 pieces to make wedges.
- Place the wedges in a large bowl and pour all the Jerk Marinade and olive oil.
- Toss the wedeges in the bowl until complete covered with marinade.
- Place potatoes individually on a baking sheet in rows.
- Bake in oven at 375°F for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the wedges are baking prepare the Calimari Rings.
Calamari Rings Preparation
- If the calamari is still whole, cut the calamari into rings.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat the calamari rings in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Shake them off to get rid of any excess crumbs.
- Heat the oil in deep fryer or deep frying pan until oil is hot.
- Fry the rings in small batches for two minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels until ready to serve.
- Serve with Apple Ginger B.B.Q sauce in a dipping bowl and lemon wedges
Serves 6 as appetizers.