Creamy Peppercorn Chicken & Egg Noodle
This is a light pasta meal.
- 2 Large Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Peppercorn Marinade
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell pepper
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 dozen button mushrooms
- 284 ml chicken broth (e.g. 1 small can of Campbell's chicken broth)
- 1 cup of 5% cream
- 1/4-cup butter
- 1/2-cup flour
- Salt (optional)
- 3-cup egg noodles
- 1 cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Finely chop the Spanish onion.
- Chop the bell pepper into large strips.
- Thinly slice the button mushrooms.
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Combine the chicken cubes, flour and salt in a bowl and lightly toss.
- Melt the butter in a skillet .
- Add the chicken cubes to the skillet and brown for 10 minutes .
- Add the onion, pepper, mushrooms and sauté until brown.
- Add the chicken broth, Peppercorn Marinade, white wine and 5% cream.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Cook the noodles and drain.
- Pour the chicken, vegetables and sauce over the egg noodles.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4. Enjoy!