Chipotle Rotisserie Chicken
- Remove the giblets then rinse and pat dry chicken with paper towels
- Place chicken on a flat surface (cutting board)
- Drizzle olive oil all over chicken and then massage in Chipotle rub – distribute the rub evenly over chicken
- Preheat the grill to about 400° F
- Secure the chicken to the rotisserie rod according to the manufacturer’s instructions, taking care to make sure it is balanced.
- Set the rotisserie on the grill at medium (350° F), turn on the motor, place a foil pan directly under the chicken, and close the lid.
- Continue cooking for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours
- Chicken is done when the juices run clear from the thigh or a meat thermometer inserted between the thigh and the body registers 185° F
- Carefully remove the chicken from the rotisserie.
- Cover the bird loosely with foil for 10 minutes to rest.
- Carve the chicken and set on a serving platter.
- To make a dipping sauce put the drippings from under the chicken into a sauce pan
- Mix together two tablespoons of flour with some chicken broth to make a smooth mixture.
- Bring the drippings to a slow rolling boil and stir in the mixture of flour and broth
- Simmer to thicken into a smooth gravy/dipping sauce.
- Season to taste withchipotle rub.
Serves 4 - 6. Enjoy!