Grilled Vegetable Wrap Sandwich
1 large red onion
2 large red peppers
3 Portabella mushrooms
1 medium eggplant
½ cup of peppercorn marinade
6 flour tortillas, 7 inches in diameter
2 cups of baby argula (optional) - mixed greens can be used as well
6 slices of harvarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the vegetables and drain.
- Cut the peppers each into large strips.
- Cut the onion into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Cut portabella mushrooms length-wise in long strips.
- Slice eggplant.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl, then pour peppercorn marinade all over and toss.
- Transfer everything to a baking pan and bake for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool for 30 minutes.
- Reheat the panini grill to medium-high heat (375°F). or use a frying pan.
- Spread grilled vegetables in center of tortilla, cheese and argula.
- Fold in the sides of tortillas and wrap as shown in pictures.
- Brush olive oil over the top and bottom of tortilla wrap.
- Grill for about 4 minutes until the tortillas are toasted, the cheese is melted and grill marks appear.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serves 4 - 6. Enjoy!