Jerk Chicken Quesadilla
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
½ cup of advanced jerk marinade
1 large spanish onion
2 large portobello mushrooms
2 medium red peppers
1 ½ cup Asiago cheese or old white cheddar
10 medium whole wheat tortilla
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Olive oil for brushing tortilla
Directions - Food Prep
Directions - Assemble Quesadillas
- Marinade chicken breast with jerk marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Cool chicken and slice into strips then set aside.
- Chop onions, mushrooms into big pieces.
- Thinly slice the red peppers.
- Saute onions in olive oil in a frying pan for 30 minutes until caramelized.
- Place onions in a bowl and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper for 10 – 15 minutes in the same skillet until tender.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Chop onion, tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Brush one tortilla with olive oil and place it in a large frying pan.
- Spread the sliced chicken, caramelized onions, pepper and cheese onto the tortilla.
- Place another tortilla on top and brush the top of it with olive oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then flip the quesadilla and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 - 5 for the remaining tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 pieces, as pictured, and serve.
- Great appetizer for the holiday.
- Serves 4 - 6 people.