Jerk Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, marinade the pork chops with the Jerk marinade for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place pork chops in a baking dish and bake in oven for 35 minutes at 350° F.
- While pork is in oven wash green beans and blanch in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Pour hot water to wash off beans and then cool down with cold water.
- Drain and set aside until pork is done.
- After pork is completely done, pour the green beans in baking dish with cooked pork.
- Pour all remaining juices/sauces from the sauce pan over the pork and green beans.
- Toss lightly so the juices cover the beans without pulling the pork apart.
- Serve with Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Directions - Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Cut potatoes in cubes and boil in water for until soft.
- Drain potatoes after cooked.
- Place in a bowl and add milk, butter, salt & pepper.
- Beat until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Serve with pork and beans.
Serves 4. Enjoy!