Minced Lamb Kebabs with Jerk Marinade and Mint Chutney Tzatziki
The summer barbecue season comes in like a lamb.
|Minced Lamb Kebab w/ Jerk Marinade
||Mint Chutney Tzatziki
- 2 Lbs minced lamb
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup of Beginners or Advanced Jerk Marinade
- 1-cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 tbs olive oil (for brushing)
- chopped fresh mint for garnish
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2-teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium cucumber
- Make the Mint Chutney Tzatziki first. (Recipe at bottom).
- While the Tzatziki is being cooled, make the Minced Lamb Kebabs.
- To make appetizer size kebabs- use smaller skewers and only half the portion of lamb on each skewer (see picture of appetizer size below)
Minced Lamb Kebabs with Jerk Marinade
- Soak the skewers in cold water to prevent from burning on the BBQ. Soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop the onions, garlic and parsley very finely.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced lamb, onions, garlic, parsley, and breadcrumbs together thoroughly.
- Grease your hands with oil.
- Press the minced mixture onto each skewer.
- Keep adding around the center of the skewer to form a sausage shape kebab.
- Warm the BBQ up to medium heat.
- Grilled each kebab for 3-4 minutes on the B.B.Q., rotating skewers occasionally until light brown.
- The kebab gets dry after taken off the B.B.Q so it's best to brush it with olive oil at this point.
- Garnish with chopped mint and serve hot.
Makes about 10 to 12 kebab. Enjoy!
The following Mint Chutney Tzatziki recipe is a slight variation of a traditional Tzatziki.
Mint Chutney Tzatziki
- Strain any excess water from yogurt in a strainer.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Shred the cucumber with a shredder or grater - make sure to press any excess liquid out of the shredded cucumber (you can use a fork or strainer to press the water out).
- Chop the garlic cloves very finely.
- Chop the mint leaves very finely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber and strained yogurt.
- Mix in the garlic, salt, pepper and mint.
- Chill for 1-2 hours.