Pan Seared Duck Breast with Blood Orange & Pear Salad
- Score each breast criss-crossed.
- Sprinkle each breast with jerk rub, using more rub on the skin.
- Heat skillet/frying pan over medium heat. You will need to use a skillet/pan that can be put in the oven.
- Place duck breast skin side down and cook for 5 min until skin is golden brown.
- Put the entire duck breast and skillet in the oven for 10 minutes or until medium rare.
- Remove duck from oven and skillet place onto a cutting board and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice the breast into 1/2 inch thick slices on the diagonal .
Blood Orange & Pear Salad:
- Segment blood oranges by slicing off top and bottom. Peel and pit with paring knife.
- Slice out each orange segment between the membranes.
- Quarter and core pear and then thinly slice.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl and toss with blood orange segments and pear slices .
- Whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve with duck breast.
Serves 4 - 6. Enjoy!