Poached Chicken w/ Creamy Peppercorn Sauce and Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Mushrooms
Turn your Peppercorn marinade into a full bodied cream sauce.
|Chicken and Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
||Sweet Potatoes & Mushrooms
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 litre of water
- 1 cup of light cream
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs Peppercorn Marinade
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 dozen mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut potatoes into cubes (see pictures).
- Chop onions into big cubes.
- Clean mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, onion and mushrooms and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake potatoes and mushrooms for 20 minutes until tender.
- While waiting, make the poached chicken and creamy peppercorn sauce below.
Poached Chicken and Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
In a large pot over medium heat, combine water and bay leaves (salt and pepper if you like).
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes and then add chicken breast.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove chicken breast from water.
- Set aside to cool.
- In saucepan melt butter add flour to make a roué (roux).
- Stir together and cook for two minutes; do not brown.
- Add broth, cream and Peppercorn Marinade and whisk until it thickens and smooths.
Place chicken breasts on a platter.
Pour the Creamy Peppercorn Sauce over the chicken breasts.
Serves four. Enjoy!