Pork and Lamb Burger with Avocado and Tomato Salad
A gourmet burger for sure.
|Pork and Lamb Burger
||Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 1 cup Apple Ginger B.B.Q Sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 onion
- Salt & pepper 1/2 teaspoon each
- 6-8 slices of Havarti cheese
- 6-8-hamburger buns
- 1 avocado
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 bag of fresh spinach ( or baby spinach)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs chopped cilantros
- 3 table spoon olive oil
- 3-table spoon wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Combine pork, lamb, salt & pepper.
- Finely chopped onion and add to the rest of ingredients.
- Shape into 6-8 medium size patties.
- Grill on B.B.Q for 18 minutes, turning once.
- Brush patties with B.B.Q sauce for 2 more minutes and then place cheese on top of patty for another minute.
- Serve patties on buns accompanied with barbecue sauce.
Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Slice red onion and grill on B.B.Q. Set aside.
- Wash spinach and tear in small pieces.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Cut avocado in cubes and add to bowl along with spinach and tomatoes.
- Chop cilantro and add into bowl with grilled onions.
- Pour dressing over salad and tossed then gently top salad onto grilled cheeseburger and serve
Serves 6 - 8. Enjoy!