Portobello Mushroom Burger
Try this for lunch or a summer BBQ.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 Slices Cheddar Cheese (white or yellow)
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- 2 Large Red Peppers
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/4 cup of Advanced Jerk Marinade
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 4 large buns plus 1 tbs of olive oil for brushing the buns
- 1tbs Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Organic Greens
- Wash all vegetables and set aside.
- Cut Red Peppers in half (make 4 halves).
- Slice the Vidalia onion into thick slices.
- Slice Zucchini and cut into half moons.
- De-stem the Portobello mushrooms.
- In a large bowl place all vegetables and brush each piece on both sides with Jerk Marinade and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange vegetables on BBQ and turning after 4 minutes on each side.
- Put sliced Cheddar Cheese on top of each Portobello Mushroom to melt.
- Take vegetable off BBQ and place on a platter for assembling.
- Brush buns with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes without burning.
- Take buns off BBQ.
- For assembling, place facing up-spread with mayonnaise, lettuce, Portobello Mushroom with melted cheddar cheese, onions and red pepper.
- Spread top of buns with Mayonnaise and close buns and serve.
Serves 4 people. Enjoy!