Eadrey's Apple Ginger BBQ Sauce perks up a traditional recipe.
- 1 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef OR 1 1/2 pound minced lamb
- 1 med onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ bottle of Apple Ginger B.B.Q. Sauce
- 5 medium potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Cook potatoes for 30 minutes .
- Drain potatoes and mash with butter, milk, salt/pepper and chopped parsley.
- Set aside the mash potatoes.
- Brown ground beef (if using lamb make sure to drain the fat).
- Chop the onion, garlic and thyme and add to the meat.
- Keep browing together for 15 min.
- Add ½ bottle Apple Ginger B.B.Q Sauce.
- Transfer ground beef to a casserole dish and spread evenly
- Add corn on top of ground beef.
- Add the mash potatoes on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 30 - 40 min.