Spicy Tuna Sushi Rolls
- ½ lb. Ahi tuna lions (sushi grade)
- 1 tablespoon Jerk Rub
- 4 sheets Nori seaweed paper
- 2 cups Japanese sushi rice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- Light Soya Sauce
- Wasabi paste
- Cut the tuna loin into rectangular pieces.
- Message jerk rub into loin and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium to high heat.
- Remove the tuna loin from marinade and sear for 1 min on each side.
- Remove the tuna from the heat, transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
- Soak rice for 30 min and wash till water is clear.
- Drain rice and cook in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water.
- Immediately after rice is cooked, mix in 6 tablespoons rice vinegar to the hot rice.
- Spread rice on a plate until completely cooled.
- Place 1 sheet of seaweed on bamboo mat.
- Press a thin layer of cool rice on the seaweed.
- Arrange avocado, and tuna on the rice.
- Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
- Roll from bottom to the top edge with the help of the bamboo mat tightly.
- Cut roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Repeat for other rolls.
- Serve with light soy sauce and wasabi paste.
Serve with soy sauce and wasabi paste.