Steamed Clams Using Jerk Marinade
Yep, you steam 'em. Well there's a little more to it than that. Another great appetizer.
- 3 lb clams in shell (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoon Jerk Marinade (Advanced or Beginner's)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantros
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 small Portobello mushrooms
- Finely chop the onions, mushrooms.
- Place butter and olive oil in pot.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, lemon juice and the Jerk marinade.
- Place clams in pot.
- Cover and steam just until the shells open, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from pot and pour contents into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro.
Serve with lemon slices. Enjoy!