Vietnamese Salad Rolls
8 - 10 rice wrappers (6.5 inch diameter)
1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
2 large chicken breasts
1 cucumber, julienne
1 carrot, julienne
1 red pepper, julienne
1 leaf lettuce, shredded
¼ cup chopped cup cilantro
¼ cup chopped mint
- Marinade chicken breast in jerk marinade for 30 minutes.
- Grill or bake chicken and set aside to cool.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil and then remove from heat.
- Place rice vermicelli in boiling water and let soak 3 to 5 minutes, until soft. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Slice chicken, set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare (julienne and/or chop) the vegetables and place in individual bowls to start assembling.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip one rice wrapper in the warm water for 3 seconds to soften.
- Lay wrapper flat on cutting board or counter surface.
- Place desired amounts of noodles, jerk chicken, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, red pepper, mint and cilantro in the center.
- Roll the edges of the wrapper slightly inward., Beginning at the bottom edge of wrapper, tightly wrap the ingredients.
- Repeat steps 8 - 11 with the remaining wrappers.
I like Vietnamese Spring Roll Sauce for dipping instead of the traditional Salad Roll Dipping Sauce.
Here are two recipes for them:
Vietnamese Springroll Dipping Sauce
Peanut Dipping Sauce Recipe
Serves 4 - 6. Enjoy!