Wild Mushroom & Caramelized Onion Crostini With Brie
1 large baguette, sliced on the bias into thin slices (about 12 – 16 slices)
4 Large Portobello Mushrooms sliced
1 lb. of assorted wild mushrooms (cremini, shiitake & oyster) trimmed and thinly sliced
2 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon Advanced Jerk Marinade
1 large sweet yellow onion (sliced)
4- 6 oz Brie Cheese (thinly sliced)
Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Then add Advanced Jerk Marinade.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until softened and browned.
- Sauté onions and butter in another skillet until softened and lightly browned, set aside.
- Slice Brie into 12 pieces.
- Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet, toast on broil 2 min on each side or until toasted
- Change oven temperature back to 375°F for melting the cheese when finished assembling.
- Top each toast with about 1 tablespoon each of mushroom and onions mixture, topped with brie.
- Put in oven for about 3 minutes until brie is slightly melted brown, watching closely to prevent cheese from melting away completely
Transfer to serving platter. Serve warm. . . Enjoy!