Jerk Chicken Pizza with Cremini Mushrooms, Red Peppers and Caramelized Onions
Simply an amazing pizza.
- 2 Chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup old white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 dozen cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Beginner's Jerk Marinade (for the chicken)
- 1/4 cup Beginner's Jerk Marinade (for the dough)
- 1/4 cup Ginger Apple BBQ Sauce
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 batch pizza dough, store bought
Food prep notes:
- Marinade the chicken with 1/4 cup of the Beginner's Jerk Marinade for at least 2 hours, preferably 4 hours. (Place the chicken in a zip-lock bag with the jerk marinade).
- Make sure that your pizza dough is at room temperature and is completely thawed if previously frozen.
- You will need to buy enough dough to make a 12 inch pizza.
- For best results use a pizza stone (as pictured above and below) rather than a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Thinly slice the onions and place in a frying pan with 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Slowly cook onions until browned. Set aside.
- Take the already marinaded chicken and grill or fry on the stove until done.
- Cut the chicken into small strips (see pictures). Set aside.
- Slice the cremini mushrooms and red pepper. Place in a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 table tablespoon chopped parsley. Toss the mushrooms, pepper, olive oil and parsley all together. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Place on a pizza stone or baking pan. Brush completely with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake for 5 minutes at 400° F.
- Mix the 1/4 cup of Ginger-Apple BBQ Sauce with the remainder (1/4 cup) of the Jerk Marinade in a small bowl. Take the pizza out of oven and brush the entire dough surface with the Jerk/BBQ sauce mixture.
- Add the old white cheddar, all the mushrooms and chopped peppers and spread all over the pizza evenly.
- Spread the jerk chicken pieces evenly over the pizza.
- Then add the caramelized onions evenly over the pizza.
- Add all of the feta cheese and spread evenly over the pizza.
- Bake in oven at 400° F for 20 minutes until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted .
Serves 4-6 easily