Grilled Pork Loin Chops in Mango Salsa Wrap with Cassava Chips
Combines flavours of both the Caribbean and Mexico with a homage to Africa.
Makes for a great summer lunch or siesta sitting a deck somewhere.
- 4 Pork Loin Chops
- 4 tbs Beginner's Jerk Marinade
- 1 mango
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 tortilla
- 1 cassava
Marinade & Food Prep
- Ensure you buy "Loin Chops".
- Marinade the pork with Eadrey's Beginner's Jerk Marinade for at least 2 hours in the fridge and preferably for 4 hours.
- Buying cassava: Cassava is a root vegetable and is a staple food in much of Africa. You should be able to buy cassava at any vegetable market specializing in Mexican, West Indian, South American or African foods.
- Make sure the tortillas are already at room temperature if they were frozen.
Peel and cube the mango into small portions (see pictures).
- Finely chop the red onions and the cilantro.
- Put the mango cubes, red onions, and cilantro into a medium sized bowl. Combine in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut off 3 to 6 inches from the cassava and peel the skin using a knife or potato peeler.
- Slice the cassave medium thin to make as many chips as desired.
- Brush with about 1/4 cup of olive oil in.
- Bake in the oven 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt as desired..
Pork loin chops wrap:
Grill the pork loin chops over medium heat, for 6-8 minutes per side turning once and brushing with some Jerk Marinade.
- Take the chops off the grill and let sit for 15 minutes to cool.
- While the pork loins are being cooled, quick bake the tortillas in the oven at 325° . You can also grill the tortillas in you prefer (to get that grill mark look).
- Once the pork is ready, cut the loin chops into diagonal strips (see picture!!).
- To assemble each wrap, place strips of pork in the center of the tortilla and layer in the mango salsa . Roll up the tortilla and serve. Cut diagonally as in the pictures for easy handling. Important: ***ensure that you have the right mango salsa to pork strip ratio in the tortilla. Too much pork will cause the wrap to be too dry.***
- Place with the cassava chips on a plate and serve.
Serves 4-6, breezily